The Farmers School and Countryside Migration (Balik-Probinsya)
FOR: The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases
RE: The Farmers School and Countryside Migration (Balik-Probinsya)
Sirs, the Induced Migration to the Countryside, in line with the Balik-Probinsya program advocated by our beloved Senator Christopher Bong Go is truly based on biblical principles. (Refer to the Books of Exodus & Joshua)
The underlying principles which are applicable here may be summed up as follows:
1. Concretizing “Liberty for all Men” thru Unbridled Property Stewardship of Families.
2. Family-based enterprise – (Bawat Tahanan may Taniman, Bawat Kabahayan may Kabuhayan) vis a vis Kibutz, coop, or communal.
3. Developing and empowering *Gentleman-farmers. *(land-owning farmers)
4. Continuing education for OJT Farming, Food production, and Environmental Enhancement.
5. Man was made from the soil; his relationship with his Creator is cultivated when he cultivates the earth.
Gists of my letter to President Rodrigo Roa Duterte are, as follows:
While in Extended Lockdown, the government may persuade (prepare):
1. the informal settlers (especially, those in NCR)
2. poor but willing families in high density urban areas,
1. to barren yet fertile lands in the countrysideor
2. to their ancestral origins
To cultivate and own land to produce food:
• First, for their family;
• Next, for the community and
• Then for the nation.
The government will:
1. Identify alienable, arable land for distribution
2. Set up Total Farmers School in strategic locations to re-educate the new settlers in their respective areas. (I provided free a Conceptual Study/model Total Farmers School for reference only)
Benefits of the proposed Induced Countryside Migration:
1. boost our people’s (national) productivity,
2. dramatically reduce the poor;(now propertied with access to resources)3. Broaden the *middle class strata of Philippine society, and
4. Decongest the cities.
These and many more wonderful transformation will transpire.
An expanded IATF may work on details to fast-track its implementation.